On 9/13/13, Kai Tietz <ktiet...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Well, I consider, if we might want to define _FORCENAMELESSUNION in
> _mingw.h for 3.0, and remove it on our trunk.  By this we reduce
> fallout right now, provide a version check later on for changed
> behavior.

I don't know the specifics about that fallout, but is it impossible that
defining that would cause another fallout?

> By this experience - as it must be possible to modify things on our
> trunk and our release cycle can take more then a year - I would
> encourage to change our habit of seeing trunk as release-branch.  It
> has shown here, that this causes simply troubles on evolution.
>
> JonY, Jacek, Ozkan,  your opion about this suggestion?
>
> Regards,
> Kai

We will need more regular releases with safe changes merged in
and only unsafe stuff kept in devel branch (versus keeping new features
in devel branch and not merging back.) That might prevent people, to
some degree, from using trunk as if it is a release branch.

--
O.S.