>> a security consideration, as far as I can see the bootloader loads using
INT
>> 13h calls. How can the kernel be sure it is really operating in ring 0 and
not
>> in some VM given that this is the case?

>Hey, it looks like you are just trying to be a dick.

On the assumption that you are not suggesting I would like to change my name
to Richard I can only reply that I have never tried to stick my head into a
warm and wet but very smelly hole for pleasure and/or to attempt to reproduce
with it.

>Does your mother know?

Given that she is deceased I find that highly unlikely.

However, insults reminiscent of primary school days aside, you may or may not
be surprised to find that actually that was a genuine question.