I agree with JR on these.  The opening to War of the Worlds was thrilling.
Also Dune is a visual feast of marvel and disgust.  It got a rise out of me.

Toochis

________________________________
From: Dave Rosen <hah...@sympatico.ca>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:48:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] FAVORITE FILM THAT YOU HAVE TO DEFEND

Never mind the son. The daughter has to have been one of the most annoying
child characters ever to have graced the screen...and I include Baby Leroy in
that.

Her whiny, high-pitched screaming was one of the many things that marred the
movie, along with Tim Robbins extended over-the-top nutbar performance.

I liked the first half of the film but found most parts of the second half
laughably bad. On the other hand, there were some remarkable set-pieces that
are almost worth re-watching the movie for: the car-jacking scene, the ferry
scene and the walk through the debris from the crashed airliner. Too bad they
weren't in a better movie.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Richard" <jrl...@mediabearonline.com>