On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Frederick Page wrote:

> Hi Greg,
> you wrote on Sat, Oct 16 1999:
>
> >You said yourself "They have a bad encoder that is coupled via DLL
> >into their program"..  Sounds like they dont want to spend the $$ on
> >a good encoder, so they want to use lame to enhance their product.
>
> I have the same feeling about this. What I don't understand: there are
> zillions of front-ends for encoders, I don't understand, what makes
> this particular program so unique, that it can't be GPL'd.
>
> Just my $0.02 ...

I'm glad to have some backup here.. Sometimes I feel like a crazed nut,
crying out on a soapbox about issues no ones cares about.. :)

I really try to be sensible.. If my stupid rants bother anyone, just setup
a regex in procmail to kill any emails sent by me after midnight EST. :)

As far as what it does: Perhaps it has database stuff, like grip currently
does.. :)

If there is anything I'd like to see turned into a lib, it's cdparanoia.
I'd like grip to be able to store the number of uncorrected skips in the
ID3 tag, so I have a middle ground between polluting my collection with
skippy music and ripping with -z (which one of my roomates refuses to do).