Hello Margaret,

MC> I find this attitude stupid.  Here you guys are... using an ILLEGAL
MC> product (or did you pay the legally required licensing fees?), then
MC> bitching, because someone wants to remove the branding.  I don't get
MC> it.  Sounds like thieves complaining they got robbed.

?? have a little respect please.

there is nothing illegal about the whole LAME project.  FhG put out
ISO sources as a guideline, which can be modified legally.

LAME started out, and still is an educational project to learn about
and improve upon audio compression.  Over the last few years some very
educated people have chosen to dedicate their valuable time into this
project so YOU can make decent sounding mp3's now, thanks to their
effords.

Even more so, you should realise that since this year the complete ISO
source distribution is replaced by superior code made by the people
involved in this project.

Stupid is that some people want to make $$ on the back of the hard
work of open source developers and completely PERVERSE imo is that
some don't even have the least bit of curtosy or politeness to
aknowledge this work.

I find it appalling and offensive to see a person here shamelessly
post a patch which can only be used to try and "HIDE" the origin of
the high quality mp3 files.

With fresh in memory some recent cases of commercial programs
blatantly ripping off LAME this makes this suggestion extra sour.

You should look up the concept of open source software development.

With this note, I'd like to personally thank all the LAME developers
for all their effords over the last few years.

You guys made I've had many pleasant moments enjoying my music over
the last year and I think I speak for an aweful LOT of people.

As a webmaster I get a lot of praise from people for their newly
discovered wonder LAME quality.  I realise very much this praise
should be aimed at the whole of the past, present and future LAME DEV.

--

btw Margaret: you're the first woman I see here since ... ever?  I'd
              always imagined 'first contact' different :))

kind regards,

Roel