> It's not the compiler that decides that

Yes, I know that, but it is fpc that gives the code of /packages/x11, it is
what I wanted to say.

> Nothing stops you from creating your own dynamic linking header.

Indeed. Creating dynamic Pascal linking header is my specialty. ( See
projects uos, sak, voice-assisted ideU, etc).

I do usually like this: using program h2pas to translate the C header into
Pascal.

Then I have a custom template to convert all the code into "dynamic linking
header".

When this is done I begin to debug the header.

Huh, I have to confess you this:

I am a **huge** fan of dynamic linking, I find it fabulous, you get **much**
more freedom.

And if I did not for libX11 it it is because I trust Martin, he is muh more
competent than me, and if he see problems, there will have problems..

And it is not the amount of work,  I did it many times and know how to do.

Fre;D