FiXato wrote:
This thing sounds like it is more expensive than the
GFX9000/Moonsound, and just look at the small userbase that those have
together..

Together the userbase might be a bit on the small side, but many people do have both units. The Gfx9000 userbase is pretty big, and it's always been a mystery to me why there hasn't been much development on it. Programming it is SO much easier than V99x8!

Don't get me wrong; I think that this product looks marvellous; but it
would be a shame if no-one ended up getting it or developing for it
because they either already had a GFX9000/Moonsound, or because it
would've gotten too expensive/expanded… as we've seen with more
expansion units in the past.

This is a valid concern indeed, but one of the big advantages to this unit is that it's all in one slot :)

For Gfx9000 + MoonSound you need 2 slots already, meaning you can't use a harddisk/CF/SD/whatever anymore without having to use a slotexpander (or extender) as well. Slot expanders/extenders seem to be much rarer devices!

Also, as far as I understand it, VSU is Gfx9000 and MoonSound compatible, so software can be written in a backwards and/or forwards compatible way.

Patriek