On Sep 28, 2009, at 3:11 PM, Patriek Lesparre wrote:

FiXato wrote:
This thing sounds like it is more expensive than the
GFX9000/Moonsound, and just look at the small userbase that those have
together..

Together the userbase might be a bit on the small side, but many people do have both units. The Gfx9000 userbase is pretty big, and it's always been a mystery to me why there hasn't been much development on it. Programming it is SO much easier than V99x8!

Maybe we're dealing with the programmer's equivalent to agoraphobia here.

The 9918 is small, well-understood, "safe" - like a back yard. Even though you can't play real soccer there, it's fun to kick a ball about, even/especially when you're alone. The 9938/58 is more like the market square in a small village. More room to play, but you need at least a couple of other peepz to play with. The 9990 is then like a complete football stadium. Impressive, big, everything is possible, but it takes a lot of courage to actually go out there and stand on the field.

But hell, what do I know  :-P

Cheers,
        Eric