While raw speed does reduce the risk of missing deadlines, you need an
infinitely fast computer to guarantee hard realtime performance with code that
isn't designed for it. Also, theoretically, not even that helps, unless you
also have a realtime OS. And then there's I/O, synchronization and blocking
calls...

It's not really about raw speed.

On Sunday 26 February 2012, at 01.30.48, Emanuel Landeholm
<emanuel.landeh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the future, people will be able to emulate our OS:s in real time.
> (Kind of like how I am able to emulate a C-64 with minimum latency
> right now) So even if we are not quite there yet, our descendants will
> know how to run our code,
>
> > Well, no matter how you go about implementing it, what it comes down to
> > is that every sample MUST be in place when the sound card needs it.
> > There's just no way around that. :-)

//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |