Hi!

...and then J McKitrick said...
% I just got in a debate over email clients, and my windows friend
% argues anything i can do in mutt, he can do in TheBat! just as easily.
% I checked the feature list, and it is extensive.  Most of what mutt

Any pointers to such a thing so that we can compare?

% offers, thebat offers.  Why is the advantage of mutt, or any
% text-based email client?

Well, you mentioned your "windows" friend, so that's one reason right
there: mutt runs under unix-like variants.

I like text-based email clients because I like text-based email.  No GUIs
for this guy.

I also like all of the hook functionality and the ability to do various
things based on various conditions.  I haven't seen anything else that
comes close.

I'll leave it to someone who really takes advantage of mutt's featureset
to plug it -- once we have any idea what we're up against, so to speak.
Without a comparative list of features, just throw the mutt manual at any
challengers (and hope to hit 'em square on ;-)

% --

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature