On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 06:39:45PM +0000, J McKitrick wrote:
:
:I just got in a debate over email clients, and my windows friend
:argues anything i can do in mutt, he can do in TheBat! just as easily.
:I checked the feature list, and it is extensive.  Most of what mutt
:offers, thebat offers.  Why is the advantage of mutt, or any
:text-based email client?

- uses any editor you want (like any Unix mail client)
- has extensive hook mechanism (although choice of actions isn't)
- spawn subshells to do whatever
- tags messages without moving them to another folder/mailbox

Having said this, I saw one feature in TheBat that I'd like to see Mutt
have someday: the ability to create and use templates for new messages,
replies, forwarded messages, etc.

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]