Well, here's a couple of links

official site
www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html

review
www.zdnet.com/pcmag/features/e-mail/mail13.html

If either of these don't work, i searched yahoo for 'the bat! email'
and both were at the top of the list.

One nice feature i saw was a separate scrolling windows allowing you
to refer to a message while replying, but without quoting it.  That
could be handy.

Of course, the bat doesn't support IMAP, while mutt does.
Other than that, it looks like it's just a matter of GUI vs text.
--
Student Loan Officer: "Mr. Wright?  We'd like to know what you did