Yes, of course 180V would have been enough for my circuit, but Paul
was after high voltage drivers (he mentioned 300V) and I wasn't sure
if 180V would be enough in his situation.

> We can discuss this all day long, but it seems to be "trying to teach a pig
> to sing".

I don't really see the need to make this remark, it is neither useful
nor funny. It seems like you think this is the first time I solder 2
wires together.

There is 1000 ways to design a circuit and there is my way to design a
circuit and I happen to choose my way no matter what other people
think of it. Maybe it ends up being a bit over complicated but that is
totally fine with me.

Michel