Even though 300V was mentioned, I believe the actual intent was driving
nixies. Only,the original poster can say for sure.

I'm not questioning your competence, in electronics, in general, but with
nixies specifically. I'd be a lot more diplomatic with a neophyte. Yes, you
can design your circuits in a gazillion different ways, but you contradict
yourself. Your initially stated intent was to get the smallest (physically)
circuit possible, but now you want to add complexity. Complexity that may
not add reliability.

Let's get back to my nixie timing picture. I refer to that because, that's
data that I've never seen before. I can't find that data anywhere. I had to
run that experiment myself, and share it with the group. Before that,
people were discussing all kinds of nixie misinformation about nixie
"turn-ON". The only way to find out the truth, was to run an experiment.
This is what I want you to do. Don't believe us. I mean that sincerely.
Build test circuits first. Then only use the circuit that suits your needs
the best.