I've been having a little (losing) battle with eBay lately, on about
international shipping. I've been shorted on 4 transactions, in the last
month. Their customer service reps are totally ignorant of their own
policies. In the modern age, that, sadly, seems to be the norm. I've made 4
calls. On the middle two, the reps, looked at the transactions, and noted
the difference, between what the charged, and my actual costs. They acted
as if they would reimburse me, my shortfall. Today, I noticed a buyer, in
Japan ordered two supply kits, but was only charged $6.97. The post office
will charge me $13.50. The first flunky, today, told me that I setup my
shipping parameters incorrectly. Which is an off-the-cuff blame the seller
excuse. I eventually managed to get to his supervisor. He told me two very
important things, none of the past calls provided: (1) No reimbursements
period. eBay Policy. (2) The shipping cost was not based on my shipping
parameters, but the minimum US Postal Service price, for an ENVELOPE,
containing tangible merchandise (not just paperwork).

I cancelled the transaction. Changed my setting to "no international
shipping", on that one item. The lower flunky, told me international
buyers, can still put the item in their shopping cart, but need to contact
me, in order to pay for it. So then, I can properly invoice them. His
supervisor told me, to click "off" combined shipping, again, allowing me to
invoice the buyer, once they see the "sticker shock" shipping charge.

I ONLY SHIP IN BOXES --- PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, some replacement parts, in an envelope, but never a KIT.

>From the US it cost me: $9.50 minimum, to ship to Canada.
It cost either: $13.25/$13.50/$13.75 minimum, to ship to any other country
(outside the US - I have to include this because too many Americans, are a
little thick). Don't even ask about: UPS, FedEx, or DHL. All way higher !

Also, if any of you know a lawyer, that's in the "class action" business,
put in your 2 cents. eBay really should have an option of making the
seller, the final arbiter, of setting the price, before the buyer can pay.

I have, and always will, refund excessive shipping charges paid.