I'm using one on a one-tube board I am making (a bit excessive for one
tube, but it is small, 5V and can sink a decent current). At the moment I
have one on a breadboard. They work as advertised! I picked up some
Adafruit QFN44 adapters from digikey and had a stencil made to do the
reflow with: I *have* hand soldered chips this small in the past, but it
wasn't pretty and not always successful. A stencil makes it very easy.

I used a reflow griddle, which is fine for small stuff that I can pick up
with kitchen implements.

I am thinking I will need to upgrade to an oven for the actual board
though, which will have a bunch of QFN chips on it. Probably too big to
pick up with the kitchen tools I have! That's why I am on this thread, I
was looking for some info I saw pass by a while ago.