Well, yes, Alan, they are miserable. I thought that was the point ;) That's
why we love them!

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs
s.bi...@eca.ac.uk  si...@littlepig.org.uk
Skype: simonbiggsuk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

Research Professor  edinburgh college of art
http://www.eca.ac.uk/
Creative Interdisciplinary Research into CoLlaborative Environments
http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/
Electronic Literature as a Model of Creativity and Innovation in Practice
http://www.elmcip.net/
Centre for Film, Performance and Media Arts
http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/film-performance-media-arts

> From: Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com>
> Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:56:41 -0400 (EDT)
> To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
> <netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
> Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] Invitation to join me
>

> In which case my own practices are probably miserable...
>
> - Alan
>

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Helen Sloan wrote:
>
>> Well
>>
>> Netwurker and others, I am rather offended that you dismiss my comments.
>> As I?ve said, don?t  implode. At this point, it?s a bad idea.
>>
>> As for the filters comment, we all discussed it ? you even gave
>> instructions, but you accelerated a cultural death to the Syndicate that was
>> unfair.
>>
>> You will probably respond to Simon rather than me ? we were around at the
>> same time and still operate. What is that all about?
>>
>> Helen
>>

>> On 12/7/10 00:08, "mez breeze" <netwur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>       ...having been 1 of the celebrated "spam artists" back in the
>>       days of Integer>NN, it was a [relatively easy] option then [as
>>       it is now] 2 set up filters/blocks in regards 2 material list
>>       users find objectionable/overloading. i do agree, simon, that it
>>       might b deemed arrogant to deluge ppl with mammoth data hits: i
>>       think to associate this with the 7-11 list outpourings we did
>>       back in the late 90's is misleading. the art lists we
>>       "spam"/net.artists utilized knew full-well about our art
>>       practices + most encouraged it. context, content + the
>>       mechanisms of exclusion should b examined here as well as
>>       allusions 2 data-deluges;)
>>
>>       chunks,
>>       @netwurker
>>

> ==
> email archive: http://sondheim.rupamsunyata.org/
> webpage http://www.alansondheim.org
> music archive: http://www.espdisk.com/alansondheim/
> ==

Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is a charity registered in Scotland, number
SC009201