Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:55:16 +0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Blacklisted

On 2000-04-12 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:38:57 -700
   >Could somebody tell me if this is a message that can be made by
   >Nettamer. The case. As I had some problems with dialing my ISP, I
   >started playing with the dial string. Normally I use ATDT but this
   >time I tried out ATD,T. This stopped the dialing completely and
   >after I returned to the original dialing string I got under the
   >number that I always dial Blacklisted. Other numbers work. Only the
   >number I used with the string ATD,T is affected.
   >Is this a Nettamer thing or have I perhaps made unintentional an
   >input in my modem memory? AT&V does not show any trace of such
   >input. Somebody an idea where I could look for a solution?

I don't believe you've changed anything in your modem _unless_ you used 
AT&W to save the current dialing mode to the registers under user 0, 
which is the first user area.  Even then, if you use the factory default 
command (most often this is AT&F, or, with USR modems, AT&F1), you'll 
correct the problem for the current session.  If you are in doubt as to 
the correct command to set factory defaults, then look in whatever user 
guide you may have for your modem.  It should at least tell you that.

"ATD" tells the modem to go off hook and start dialing, using the 
default dialing method, which may be tone or pulse, depending on the 
modem and how it is set.  The "," tells the modem to pause  for the 
length of time defined in the register for pauses, which is generally 2 
seconds for each "," you insert.  "T" is the what you are telling the 
modem to "dial" and since the modem doesn't understand "T" as a number 
or character it can dial, that's why it stops.  

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to