Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 18:45:05 +100
From: John Ramm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Poll on buying Nettamer PPP socket (was -  will someone remind me

Hello List
I am interested in the idea of being able to use the socket on 
it's own with other programs. Now let me ask a stupid question. I 
have already registered Nettamer for $30. How much work is 
involved for Uncle Dave to present this socket as a stand-alone 
application? I'm not sure I want to pay twice for something 
unless it is a major undertaking. I am asking because I'm not a 
programmer and I simply don't know the answer.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

On 2000-11-05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   |Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 08:53:45 -0800
   |why....)
   |Heimo said (on Sun, 05 Nov 2000) "... because Nettamer's socket is
   |really good; ... A very long time ago David Colston aired on this
   |list that he would make
   |the PPP socket perhaps available if there was interest for it -
   |there was, and I suspect there still is quite substantially: The
   |only and single alternative is DOSPPPD which is not developed any
   |more for the last three years, and there have been changes in the
   |standards since."
   |To the Nettamer list members - old and new:
   |Let us take adavantage of the old thread idea above, which Heimo
   |Claasen brought up again today. That is, who will really buy the
   |Nettamer PPP "socket" as a stand-alone shareware product?
   |I will pay approx. $20 (US) for that standalone Nettamer PPP
   |"socket" product. It will allow me to use the reader, editor, and
   |email database storage system of my own choice.
   |I'll volunteer to track the votes for the next thirty (30) days on
   |this list.
   |(Hopefully more will come of this idea than all the work Walter and
   |Tom put in last year on tracking the suggestions for upgrade path
   |for Nettamer.)
   |John Oram
   |Sacramento, CA
   |********************************************************
   |To unsubscribe from this list,
   |send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   |Unsubscribe
   |as the subject.
   |You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   |********************************************************

John Ramm

Drummer, percussionist and one of the vocalists with dep4
contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
or find us and our music at:
www.dep4.com

I am also the Chairman of the UK Retinoblastoma society
It can be found at:
www.rbsociety.org.uk
 
Get paid to surf the web, all under your control, goto:
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10278964


Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to