Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:08:59 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Poll on buying Nettamer PPP socket (was -  will someone remind me


Hi John

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:00:59 -0500 at 1.00pm Nettamer List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  NL>Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 09:56:02 -0800 From: John Oram
  NL><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: Poll on buying Nettamer PPP socket
  NL>(was -  will someone remind me

  NL>John said on Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:49 Nettamer list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  NL>"...The need for Lynxes depends on the DOS userbase obviously but from
  NL>what I've seen of recently designed websites most of them reflect the
  NL>fact that over 80% of web users now use IE4+ with 16bit color monitors
  NL>at 800x600 resolution. In this environment what chance will
  NL>alternatives have?..."

  NL>John:

  NL>I think the many millions of Linux and FreeBSD (GNU- derived UNIX)
  NL>users would laugh out loud that they were looked on as simply escapes
  NL>from the DOS/Windows world...

I hold no brief for MS save to say, as a very late converter to
Win95, that I can't envisage a personal need for an alternative
system. Despite it well chronicled failings it's plus points suit me
fine and my one computing regret is that I didn't switch from DOS
earlier.

I accept that Asian users may not be as DOS/Win oriented as the US
and Europe but in my part of the web, according to
"http://www.thecounter.com/", the number of viewers of American\UK
English sites using IE or Netscape is 94% and the number *using* a
Win OS is 92%.

Cheers

jaygee

Mailer: NT v1.11.2  Reader: NTR v0.29b(P)/Beta Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to