Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:46:07 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: error 5


As a followup to this and to what Sam Heywood was saying, I did what I 
said I would do.  I posted a question in the particular mailing list 
that has html posts and got the answer from one person that I expected, 
the argument that it allows for inclusion of images in the message and 
also a variety of colors and fonts.  My response was that if I wanted 
more fonts I could attach a document created by a word processor, but I 
do see the point, at least if you are trying to include advertising on 
the screen (ala yahoo groups).  

It is true that many people are now sending mail with digital photos 
attached and they like to have the picture pop up next to the text 
describing them.  That's especially true of this particular mailing list 
I subscribe to.  So, sometimes I go on line using Netscape so that I can 
see the messages in their true glory <g>.

The bottom line is that some people are sending mail in html because 
it's fun to do it and nobody is going to stop them.  The guy who 
answered me also said that if I saw the html code, then I had an e-mail 
client that didn't understand hmtl.  Duh.

Ron

On 2002-02-25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:55:17 -0700
   >I would agree with that, _except_ that the worst offenders on the
   >list where I get these messages (with a mime-encoded
   >printed-quotable section followed by a section of html duplicating
   >the text) are _very_ old hands, people who were around in the days
   >of CP/M and also have had experience on mainframes and are
   >intimately familiar with their software.  I believe I'm going to
   >post a question today in that list asking why some people are using
   >html in their messages, and what advantage it has for them.  I'd
   >like to know or at least I'd like them to explain.  Maybe it will
   >cause them to think a bit.
   >Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to