Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:55:17 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: error 5

I would agree with that, _except_ that the worst offenders on the list 
where I get these messages (with a mime-encoded printed-quotable section 
followed by a section of html duplicating the text) are _very_ old 
hands, people who were around in the days of CP/M and also have had 
experience on mainframes and are intimately familiar with their 
software.  I believe I'm going to post a question today in that list 
asking why some people are using html in their messages, and what 
advantage it has for them.  I'd like to know or at least I'd like them 
to explain.  Maybe it will cause them to think a bit.

Ronald Dailey

On 2002-02-25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:38:21 +0500
   >Hello All,
   >Yes I have also recieved these double messages all of the time on
   >any number of lists.  I think that it just boils down to the fact
   >that majority of the senders do not know their e--mail program and
   >do not know how to change the setting and or that they just don't
   >care because they don't understand how the net works and they
   >believe that everyone uses just what they use.  Many of these users
   >have most likely not been around very many years and they do not
   >know a thing about text or much else than what their gui program
   >will default to when setting it up. When I recieve a double message
       (snip)

   >Mark F. Warchol  Licensed-Marriage,Child&Family-Therapist
   >810-359-2998 Sunny shores of Beautiful Blue-Water-Beach  Lexington,
   >Michigan USA
   >Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or leave your Voice Message at:
   >(810) 359-2998.



-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to