Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:09:19 +500
From: "Karen D. Lewellen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: error 5
 hi,

you are right indeed.  after all what makes microsoft sell is the
effort made to keep users in the dark about how things work. in yahoo, when
one joins a list you can choose to have the html left out.
i still wish we had an html filter as a part of nettamer.  actually I still
need one in general, but to have to take a message, save it, filter it, only
to dump it seems like a lot of trouble.
 i would love to see from nettamer a
"filter this message to remove html characters?

from a speech standpoint it sounds frightful!
karen

On 2002-02-25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:38:21 +0500
   >Hello All,
   >Yes I have also these double messages all of the time on
   >any number of lists.  I think that it just boils down to the fact
   >that majority of the senders do not know their e--mail program and
   >do not know how to change the setting and or that they just don't
   >care because they don't understand how the net works and they
   >believe that everyone uses just what they use.  Many of these users
   >have most likely not been around very many years and they do not
   >know a thing about text or much else than what their gui program
   >will default to when setting it up. When I recieve a double message
   >it always comes first text and then the html.  So I can remove the
   >message after reading the text part.  Only spam comes to me in true
   >html only without a text part. When I recieve one of these I can
   >generally read the first few lines to get an idea as to what the
   >html is going for and then just remove the file because it's just
   >trash. Once and a while I also recieve the error (5) message and I
   >believe for me its related to the larger spam messages.  I cannot
   >read these but when going into the Nettamer list of files before
   >reading I can tell what the listing is and most frequently it's a
   >spam wo I just (e) the file and have it resort and the offending
   >file is removed. I don't think that it is related to sounds or the
   >viedo setting.
   >Mark
   >On 2002-02-24 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >-Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:07:14 -0500
   >-On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:17:08 -0700
   >-"Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   >-> Your experience mirrors what I have seen in a particular group
   >->that I  have long been subsribed to and that is now a part of
   >->yahoo groups.  Some members tend to send e-mail that is partly
   >->quoted-printable and  then the text is duplicated in html.  I just
   >->let it go because everyone  else is using some form of Windows
   >->e-mail, and they can read the darned  things without problems.
   >-> Ronald Dailey
   >-Ron:
   >-I know they can read the darned things without problems.  I just
   >-don't understand why they send the darned things.  It just doesn't
   >-make sense to me.  Why do they think anybody would want to read
   >-the darned things anyway, with or without problems?  If you tell
   >-me once in ascii, you don't need to tell me the same darned thing
   >-again in HTML.  Why do people feel the need to repeat themselves?
   >-People who go around needlessly repeating themselves all the time
   >-have a problem.  If they are saying something in a different way
   >-for the purpose of further clarifying what they had previously
   >-said, or if they are just re-iterating for the purpose of
   >-emphasizing the importance and the need for attention to something
   >-they had said before, then that is OK.
   >-Sam Heywood
   >-> On 2002-02-23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >->> Almost all of the HTML emails that I get are basically
   >->>duplicates of  the text version.  Font sizes are usually quite
   >->>small and the font  colors are usually black and the background
   >->>is white.  I see  absolutely no point in sending dupe HTMLs of
   >->>this type and I  consider it quite an annoyance and a waste of
   >-bandwidth.  When I
   >-> <snip>
   >->> Sam Heywood
   >-********************************************************
   >-To unsubscribe from this list,
   >-send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   >-Unsubscribe
   >-as the subject.
   >-You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   >-********************************************************
   >Mark F. Warchol  Licensed-Marriage,Child&Family-Therapist
   >810-359-2998 Sunny shores of Beautiful Blue-Water-Beach  Lexington,
   >Michigan USA
   >Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or leave your Voice Message at:
   >(810) 359-2998.
   >********************************************************
   >To unsubscribe from this list,
   >send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   >Unsubscribe
   >as the subject.
   >You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   >********************************************************

live long and prosper!
Karen Lewellen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Test Drive
 



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to