Oh! You beat me to it!

You can get the radiosonde data here:
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/upper/

just click on the station nearest you.

Note that they are taken at 1200 and 0000 UTC (8:00am and 8:00pm EST), so if
things are changing rapidly between those times, you might have some
discrepancy. Once you click on the station, you'll want to read the winds at
~900mb (3000 - 40000 feet elevation).

You can also look at the winds at 1000mb which is about surface. You can get
the surface maps here: http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/surface/ as well.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! The radar is really pumping right now... I imagine we
should hear some birds tonight!

Good Listening

David
________________________

David A. La Puma, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Associate – Ecology, behavior and conservation of migratory
birds
New Jersey Audubon Society
600 Route 47 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210