You say "Put meter on continuity to check the black wire on harness side ,
which supplies supplies 12v to reg/rectifier from ignition switch."

Does the reg/rectifier receive 12v from the ignition switch? What would it
do with current? Again, the job of the rectifier is to change AC from the
stator to DC. The job of the regulator is to take excess voltage from the
stator and bring it down to 14v so it doesn't cook your system and battery.
Cooked batteries are a symptom of bad reg/rectifiers, right?

The reg/rectifier, at least on magnet bikes, is a diode that allows current
out from the stator but not in from the battery. That's why you test them
by getting continuity in one direction and then flip the poles to get no
continuity. If you get it, the reg/rectifier is bad.

Now granted, the reg/rectifier on the harness side has to have continuity
with the rest of the system, regardless of which way current is flowing. I
just checked and I don't have a manual for your bike, but if the wiring
diagram shows the ignition switch connected to the reg/rectifier, then
obviously you will have to go section by section (if there are sections) to
find the break.

I'm wondering if bikes with field coils send current to them via the
reg/rectifier? No idea.

I have a flowchart for checking MC charging systems in PDF that I'm sending
you by PM. I hope it helps.