>If someone wants to take over driving the developement, I'm more than
>happy to keep hosting it. It might be nice to see what's happened to
>Dan, to keep from ruffling any feathers.

And I'm certainly waiting to hear from Dan ... right now I was just
in the "sounding everyone out" phase (but what I'm hearing is a number
of people who very quickly responded and would like _something_ done
about the situation).  I'm assuming he still reads this list.  It's not
like we're going to do anything soon; I have a business trip next week
and then we have the Christmas/New Year holidays coming up.

>As well, I am hoping to start having some time to get back to
>doing some development work. I've backed off from my real job and
>have a nice position now doing some dev work and keeping normal
>sane hours. So it's within the realm of possibility that I could
>actually start writing code for fun again.

That sounds great!  The more the merrier!

>That said, I don't want to overcommit, and if someone else wants to
>keep nmh going, that's probablly better.

Well ... right now I think I have the cycles to shepherd this thing
into a new release, at least, and get things going so we can keep
moving.

>>site (e.g., put new releases up for ftp).  If we wanted to do a new
>>release (which I think should REALLY REALLY happen) then likely we need
>>to move things to a new site.  I can host things here, which shouldn't
>
>If you have some reason to move it, I'll be happy to hand over the
>CVS, but I don't see that that's really necessary. Mhost is here, and
>I have no plans to take it down. It's self-sustaining at this point.
>It's mostly a hobby, but it doesn't cost me that much to run and
>it gives me a place to put up my climbing pictures and, of course,
>to host projects.

Hm.  I guess I don't have strong feelings either way; I just don't
want to be stuck in a situation where you're busy and nmh suffers,
but I guess that could be true of me, now couldn't it?  If you
don't have a problem, then I don't see why we can't continue with the
status quo.  But I'm still going to wait to see if Dan has anything
to say.

--Ken