Mike Christie wrote:
> Erez Zilber wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running some performance tests with open-iscsi (iops & throughput).
>> With open-iscsi over TCP, I see very low numbers:
>>
>>     * iops: READ - 20000, WRITE - 13000
>>     * throughput: READ - 185, WRITE - 185
>>
>> In open-iscsi.org, I see much higher numbers. Did anyone measure
>> open-iscsi performance lately? Can you share your numbers? Which
>>

> Yeah, I have been running tests for a while. What test program are you
> using, what io sizes, and what io scheduler and kernel and what nic module?

Now, I'm running the following benchmarks:

    * For BW checks: sgp_dd bs=512 of=/dev/null if=/dev/sg2 bpt=1024
      thr=8 count=20480000 time=1 dio=1 (and a similar command for write
      ops)
    * For small iops: sgp_dd bs=512 of=/dev/null if=/dev/sg2 bpt=2 thr=8
      time=1 count=1000k time=1 (and a similar command for write ops)

I'm using v2.0-865.15 (user & kernel) from OFED 1.3 on SLES 10 sp1. I'm
running over IPoIB on a ConnectX IB HCA.

Now, I see the following numbers:

    * BW: read - 260 MB/sec, write - 190 MB/sec
    * iops: read - 27000, write - 17000

Actually, I'm trying to improve the performance of open-iscsi over iSER.
I justed wanted to compare it to open-iscsi over TCP (because the
numbers in open-iscsi.org look very impressive).

> And what are the throughput values in? Is that 185 KB/s.

No, it was MB/sec.