Eli Dorfman wrote:
>> For discovery though it seems like you can just do discovery and tell
>> iscsiadm not to overwrite the existing db (just add new ones) and that
>> would solve some of the issues with iser records getting wacked.

Sorry for the late response. I was on vacation.

> How do we tell iscsiadm not to overwrite the existing db?

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o new

will just add new records for portals that are not in the db.

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o delete would just remove ones that
are no longer returned.

You can then pass them both or also pass in -o update. See the README.

> Also maybe i missed something but how does re-discover (in the initd.suse)
> help
> when login returns EHOSTNOTREACH.

It added an extra timeout.