Simone Morellato wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I changed the timeouts in the open-iscsi  conf file
> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout - changed from the 120
> default) to 0
> node.session.initial_login_retry_max  - changed from 4 (default) to 40.
>
> With these changes open-iscsi initiator logs back in but the session
> State is not correct and we could not send any I/O's over it.
>
> before deleting target
>> iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
>>               iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
>>               Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
>>
>> after target deleted
>> iSCSI Connection State: TRANSPORT WAIT
>>               iSCSI Session State: FREE
>>               Internal iscsid Session State: REPOEN
>
> Does this tell you anything?

Something is horribly wrong. The node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout
does not come into play here really. It just deals with when we fail
SCSI IO in the kernel. If setting node.session.initial_login_retry_max
works that could mean the state machine is out of wack which makes sense
if you see

 >> iSCSI Connection State: TRANSPORT WAIT
 >>               iSCSI Session State: FREE
 >>               Internal iscsid Session State: REPOEN

and you are logged back in. There also was a code change in that path in
the 870 release.

How do you know you are logged back in btw? Do you see this on the
target side? For some reason in the ethereal traces I cannot see the
iscsi packets. Is there any argument I have to run wireshark with?

If you could send the iscsid log with -d 8, it would be helpful. With
that I should hopefully see where iscsid is taking a bad turn.