Hello,
 I would strongly suggest using the code version Mike mentioned.  I use
ubuntu 8.04/8.10 with that code without issues w/EQL arrays.

Running the older transport kernel module has caused NOOP errors.  The
initiator sends out NOOPs w/different SN numbers than what the array is
expecting.   Upgrading the kernel module has resolved this at quite a few
customers.

 If this doesn't resolve the issue,  please open a case with EQL.
 877.887.7337.   They can review the logs and compare it to when the errors
occur.

 Don