Rakesh Ranjan wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:

>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> Here is updated patch that fixes some MACROS to fix compilation issue
>>> on RHEL5.0 and SLES10.2
>>>

>> Was the patch in this mail the final version?
>>
>> What was this for:
>>
>> +#if !(defined RHELC1) && !(defined SLEC1)
>>         struct delayed_work recovery_work;
>> +#else
>> +       struct work_struct recovery_work;
>> +#endif
>>

>> And what was the reason for the ifdefs related to this for:
>>
>> +#if !(defined RHELC1) && !(defined SLEC1) \
>> +       && (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,19))
>>         task->have_checked_conn = false;
>>         task->last_timeout = jiffies;
>>         task->last_xfer = jiffies;
>> +#endif
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> These checks I have used to preserve the original 2.6.14-23 needed
> contents. Since we don't want to have separate for each different OS
> release, so I just put above part with these guards.

Do you need to mess with the delayed_work though? In open_iscsi_compat.h
we have compat code for this:

+#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE <= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,19)
+struct delayed_work {
+       struct work_struct work;
+};

and I thought this was working for RHEL kernels as well as kernel.org ones.

My question for the second chunk was more why do you need to ifdef them
at all? Those task fields will always be there won't they? Is it
something that code is interacting with that is missing?

Sorry for the late reply again.