Hi Paplo,
Your suggestion here is too oriented to GUI uses cases. As Tom indicated,
pass_through is intended to support other data oriented contexts such as
flattening schema and class hierarchies, this is why is was generalised
from hide-on-form as used in the template designer.
If you look at the Operational Template exported in the Template Designer
there is an AOM extension of view-constraints which structurally are the
same as annotations where there is a hash of paths of hash of constraint
name. This supports the pass_through constraint and any other constraints
of this class.
The term view was adopted because it is used in both GUI and data oriented
contexts.
I can provide the XML schema for this AOM extension used by the template
designer if people are interested.
Heath