Hi Heath,Hi Paplo,

Your suggestion here is too oriented to GUI uses cases. As Tom indicated,
pass_through is intended to support other data oriented contexts such as
flattening schema and class hierarchies, this is why is was generalised from
hide-on-form as used in the template designer.

In that case, I think we should separate the uses of the directive. IMO is a
little anoying to use the same directive to do semantic processing of the
structure and to do GUI generation/customization.

If you look at the Operational Template exported in the Template Designer there
is an AOM extension of view-constraints which structurally are the same as
annotations where there is a hash of paths of hash of constraint name. This
supports the pass_through constraint and any other constraints of this class.

I'm afraid I could not see what you mention, I don't have a licence for the TD.

The term view was adopted because it is used in both GUI and data oriented
contexts.

I can provide the XML schema for this AOM extension used by the template
designer if people are interested.

It would be nice to see the schema and some documentation about the structure
and rationale behind it if you have some (just to understand the XML structure).
Cheers,
Pablo.