Hi Pablo,

The Ocean Template Desiner is now freely available from
https://wiki.oceaninformatics.com/confluence/display/TTL/Template+Designer+R
eleases.

The pass_through view constraint is not a GUI directive, it is a data view
directive which is consistent with archetypes/templates being definitions of
data structures.  Just as form generators may use this data definition to
lay out a form and bind to a data instance, it may use this pass_through
view constraint to collapse a redundant grouping on a screen.  Similarly an
XML schema or class  generator may use this same constraint to collapse a
redundant element grouping.  This ensures that screen layout and binding are
consistent with the XML schema or class it will bind to.

I historically was of the opinion that GUI only directives such as control
type or position should be provided separately as these a really
implementation specific and have minimal use in shared artefacts such as
archetypes and templates. Having said that the view constraint could easily
be used for this purpose if desired.

The XSD for the view constraint is as follows:

    <xs:complexType name="T_VIEW">

      <xs:sequence>

        <xs:element name="constraints"  minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">

          <xs:complexType>

            <xs:sequence>

              <xs:element name="items" maxOccurs="unbounded" >

                <xs:complexType>

                  <xs:sequence>

                    <xs:element name="value" type="xs:anySimpleType"/>

                  </xs:sequence>

                  <xs:attribute name="id" type="xs:string" use="required"/>

                </xs:complexType>

              </xs:element>

            </xs:sequence>

            <xs:attribute name="path" type="xs:string" use="required"/>

          </xs:complexType>

        </xs:element>

      </xs:sequence>

    </xs:complexType>

An example use of this is as follows:

<template xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns="http://schemas.openehr.org/v1";>

.

  <view>

    <constraints
path="/content[openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1]/data[at0001]/events[at00
02]/data[at0003]/items[openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.specimen.v1]/items[at0046]">

      <items id="pass_through">

        <value>true</value>

      </items>

    </constraints>