Hi Pablo,

I totally agree with you.

                           Regards
                           Mikael

From: openEHR-technical [mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On
Behalf Of Pablo Pazos
Sent: den 13 mars 2018 19:01
To: For openEHR clinical discussions <openehr-clini...@lists.openehr.org>
Cc: For openEHR technical discussions <openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org>
Subject: Re: [Troll] Terminology bindings ... again

" but in some cases, it is missing concepts"
Shouldn't we contribute?
Is the same as openEHR, there are missing archetypes and we need the community,
users, clinical modelers and engineers to contribute.

LOINC also misses concepts, and when I asked them how can I contribute, they
sent me the process and some templates for requesting a new concept to be
added, pretty simple, formal and open!
IMO we can't expect perfection, is a bad strategy and a move towards isolation.
I think pragmatism is better and go with "this is the best we can expect for".
We are the ones that should push towards the ideal, but as a guide not as a
goal (getting a little philosophical here...).
The same idea applies to tooling, anyone can create tools to manage the
terminology better. In our own backyard we have tools that need improvement,
but we accept them because there is no better alternative.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Thomas Beale