From: openEHR-technical [mailto:openehr-technical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On
Behalf Of Philippe Ameline
Sent: den 13 mars 2018 13:32
To: openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: [Troll] Terminology bindings ... again

Le 13/03/2018 à 12:32, GEORGE, John (NHS DIGITAL) a écrit :

I am get the impression that SNOMED CT is hard to implement, and therefore
wondered if we are at some kind of tipping point, like where HL7v3 was a few
years ago, and some bright spark came along, and now we have FHIR that is
gaining great traction in the health community due to the ease at which it can
be implemented.

Hi John,

The tipping point will only get reached when a sufficient amount of Snomed
users will state that it is uselessly hard to implement... and when someone
will invent a smart way to simplify it... not there yet ;-)

But I really insist on the two orthogonal issues at stake:
1) a component should ease your job and not kill your project (detect "dead
horses" early),
2) a component should not keep you stuck in the wrong (ancient) reference frame.

No need to say that FHIR is easier to put at work than the plain RIM, but it
still keeps its community in a system where "boxes that saw the patient passing
by can exchange information" when we should (due to both the chronic turn and
the information society era) be dedicated to organize multidisciplinary
teamwork around patients.

Best,

Philippe