From: Don Veino via Organizers <organizers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2023 12:25 PM
To: Lisa Marie Lunt
Cc: organizers shared weight
Subject: [Organizers] Re: Dance Policy Decisions (e.g.: roles) Was: Attracting
young dancers

Thanks for the support, Lisa. Of course, I'm just one opinion on this subject,
but it comes from experience on both sides. My primary concern is actually for
the dancers - I'll quote a bit I wrote to an off-list reply:

My point is: being unclear about what dancers should expect on such a
contentious issue, before they arrive at the dance, will ensure that somebody
is surprised/ disappointed/ angry when the decision is made "on the fly" - I've
seen dancers storm off the floor in such situations. It's unfair to stick the
caller in such a charged situation from the start. But more importantly, it's
unfair to the dancers who may be traveling a distance for anticipated fun. And,
ultimately, the organizers end up having to deal with resultant issues anyway -
in my opinion it's better to just address it up front.

-Don

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 12:30 AM Lisa Marie Lunt