Jeff,

My intention wasn't to start a big "Is Positional better or worse?" thread.
Instead, my goal was to use a simple example of why lumping in Positional
Calling as a generic genderfree role term choice may be another version of
"leaving up the role terms to the caller" - which is the subject of this
thread.

For many organizers, it may only be important to distinguish between
gendered vs non-gendered calling. For other organizers, lumping positional
and Larks/Robins together is still pushing that responsibility from
organizer to performer. There's no "correct" answer, but I don't think we
can just assume that contrasting different types of genderfree Calling
doesn't belong in this topic.

Best regards,
Julian Blechner