Hi Don, thank you for responding to my comment.
Let me first say I'm delighted how folks younger than I are stepping up and
keeping our tradition vital.
Before we get lost in a swamp with these threads and multiple responses
I'll clarify my statement.
It was strictly in response to someone who appeared to be making a blanket
statement  that all dance series should require callers to use gender
neutral terms as a way to draw in new dancers.
(Why it is in this thread).
That's a pretty much a control thing, in my mind.
I believe series should be free to set the stsndards as they wish.
I am glad to see the ever increasing inclusiveness of our events and feel,
generally,  things are on the right track.
But in my belief individuals should be somewhat free to call, to dance, to
play in a way they are most comfortable.
We are all artists, in the end.
There is a saying  "people will cone fir the band but leave because of the
caller" which if the organizers pay attention the market will sort out
those who dancers find onerous and objectionable.
Culture shift is not a bad thing and in my mind nothing draws better than
exuberance.
In the spirit of the joy of dance, Jeff