Hi Guys,

I've added the googlegroups archive to the lists of archives,
alongside the existing links to gmane and mail-archive.  I've also
reorganised the archive links so it's right alongside the link to the
list subscription rather than a separate paragraph.   It's worth note
the mailman archive was not linked to from the mailing lists wiki
page, only the better alternatives, despite this people still on
occassion use the sucky mailman archives.  The saying "you can lead a
horse to water but you can't make it drink" applies here.

And.... there's another point.  Lots of talking on this thread but
actually not too much action.  Who ended up fixing the wiki pages and
doing the actual support rather than just talking...  there is plenty
done by users on support, updating the wiki, fixes bugs etc which is
really appreciated, but alas what is needed is more of this community
spirit, other members of the community to take on specific
responsibilities.

Ideally we'd have people or sets of people who could be the ones
responsible for all things wiki, all things windows platform support,
all things OSX support, all things unix support, all things stable
release support, active server admin etc.  We have lots of people
doing stuff when time is available, but it remains very much on a
adhoc basis.   Because it's so adhoc I have to try and follow far too
many topics so that I catch stuff that would otherwise fall through
the cracks, I have to spread myself way too thinly with me working all
hours just to keep things on an even keel.

Having myself be responsible for too many aspects of the project
simply isn't viable, burnout is a real issue, both physically and
mentally.  It's also not good expertise wise - I just don't have good
skills in all the required areas, and as I said in my previous post
multi-tasking reduces your intellectual abilities, doing what I'm
doing is making stoopid, and really don't want someone who's gate
keeper of the source who's mentally impared.

So.... better search engines, better docs yep all helps, but in the
end it's just tweaking things, it's not addressing the real problem -
the projects over dependence on me carrying the ball for too many
aspects of the project.