        From: Evan Andersen [mailto:andersen.e...@gmail.com]
        Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:09 AM
        To: OpenSceneGraph Users
        Subject: Re: [osg-users] DBPager continuously reloading tiles

        Robert,

        Here's a simple viewer I wrote that does non-continuous render
and exhibits the problem.  You can just run it like the osgviewer
application, passing in the path to a database on the command line.  I
have also included a stats handler that will cause the app to switch to
continuous render while it is onscreen.  I have only tested this with
osgEarth, so I don't know if the problem manifests itself with VPB
databases.  The reloading problem wouldn't manifest itself when I ran an
animation path because playing back the animation essentially caused
continuous rendering, but if you load an earth database and move around
a bit in the scene you should see the behavior.  I can get it to happen
pretty reliably when I load the yahoo satellite images using osgEarth,
then quickly zoom in on an area that I have cached.  When I stop zooming
and zoom back out or pan around, the tiles start reloading.  I had a
co-worker try this out and he was able to duplicate the problem pretty
quickly, so hopefully it will happen easily for you too.

        Evan

        On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Robert Osfield