Hello everyone,

We are having the exact same problem at our company for quite some time
(currently on osg 2.8.0 via Delta3D and using TerraPage terrains). I have
verified that viewing the terrain in the osgViewer works fine, but in our app,
which also uses multiple cameras, the memory-keeps-growing-until-crash issue
occurs when the cameras are not looking at the exact same thing (have the same
projection and view matrices with the same LOD scale). The more different they
are, the easier it is to trigger the issue, it seems.

What we did to work around the issue, is to make sure that no two cameras in
the graph render the same PagedLOD node. That is, we load the terrain multiple
times using osgDB::readNodeFile and point each camera to each instance.

I hope this helps on shedding some light on what is going on.

Additional info:
Delta3D design currently limits OSG to single-threaded mode. I am on WindowsXP,
using an NVidia card, not that I think that makes a difference.

I also seem to recall, that the active lod node list in the pager starts to
grow rapidly when I put the second camera into the scene graph at runtime.

Cheers,
Michael