HI Sergey,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM, sergey leontyev <sleon...@ist.ucf.edu> wrote:
> Robert,
> I tried the 2.9 trunk code with.
> osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setMaxTexturePoolSize(100000000);
> osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setMaxBufferObjectPoolSize(200000000);
>
> The problem still exists. As memory usage was growing and growing. I just
> left the computer running and observed the linear memory consumption growth.

Was it a growth at the same rate, lower rate?  I'm afraid I don't
really have any ideas at the cause so it's a case of continuing to
profile to pinpoint the what is behind the growth.

You could try setting the above two values to 1 which forces the GL
object pool managers to try to minimize the about of GL memory used
without forcing objects from the same frame to be reused.  This might
isolate the area that is causing the memory growth better.

I would recommend using the on screen stats and monitor just how many
nodes are being maintained in memory.  It could be that some
combination of view points is causing the abnormally large scene graph
size to be loaded and kept in memory.