In this case I am using a slightly modified DirectShow OSG plug-in, running
the osgviewer in single threaded mode. The plug-in provides an
osg::ImageStream and updates a texture that is displayed in the OSG scene.
The camera is an USB 3.0 model, and I would expect it to be one of the
fastest "web cams" out there.

I am hoping that OpenGL applications also benefit from the low level driver
support created for the Oculus and similar VR devices.

Christian