> If we are going to have full-fledged namespaces, than this is an essential
> step.  Think C without any #includes or Java without any #imports.  Only the
> bare minimum is
> in the language itself.  Everything else is a library.

in Python 2.5, Tk is still a configure-time option, which means, TkInter isnt
shipped as a seperate library (Even TCL ships Tk seperately). likewise, the JVM
from sun includes a GUI as well. the Squeak VM includes a gui, debugger, source
code editor, etc.

these GUIs may be shipped as nonoptional parts of the core, but presambly they
do have their own namespace and installation directory on disk - does this mean
we'll be cerating [iemgui/numbox2]'s in patches soon (or [declare import
iemgui] or whatever)?

my question would be... what do you get out of this change. other than make
people's patches slightly harder to build, and have to worry about getting your
changes incorporated into miller's version or continually move around files
every version bump..

i guess the prefs dialog has a setting for default library imports?