Rob said:
> On 4 Sep 2004 at 8:37, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > But it might make it that much more interesting to someone who already has
an
> > Optio. Perhaps that is the market they're aiming for?
>
> Not after they work out that they can only cram two RAW shots on their old
32MB
> SD that used to hold 64+ shots from their little Optio. Using anything less
> than the industry standard CF is plain idiotic IMHO.

SD cards come in larger sizes! Mine are 128 MB and 256 MB, and I know 512 is
also available although so far I've never bothered to buy one (nor have I
bought, so far, a CF larger than 256 MB.)
Secondly, as you may know, the *istD takes JPEGs as well. I suppose that the
new one will, too. Don't you think that a person who moves up from an Optio to
a "baby D" would be more likely to shoot JPEGs than RAW?
But as Caveman said, using both would be an interesting idea. I think some of
the "prosumer" Fuji Finepix cameras do that, although in their case the
(physically) smaller card is xD not SD, since Fuji does that. Come to think of
it, I believe Olympus has done the same with some of theirs.

ERN