Hi,

Speaking for myself, yes, I was pretty happy with the DS layout, but,
having used a few D cameras, I think I'd prefer it's control system..
However, it's not worth the extra $700.00 for that feature, at least to me.
Also, I bought the DS as an introductory camera to digital, to see what I
liked and didn't like about the process, what features were important, and
so on.  So, it was a camera to learn on, and with some help and suggestions
from Godfrey, it became a very useful camera.  At first it was frustrating
to use (as was the D, to be fair).

Shel