Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert" <distudio.p...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Kids are Dying in Cars

On 30/05/2010, John Coyle <jco...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
There is now legislation in Queensland making it an offence to leave a child
under a certain age unattended in any vehicle, and a woman was prosecuted
this week for doing so while shopping for jewellery in a pawnshop.  The
child was rescued after 40 minutes after a passer-by noticed he was
suffering from heat stress.  The woman was placed on probation for three
years and required to undertake a parenting course.
It has been recorded that, in a Queensland summer, the interior of a car can reach 60C after only ten minutes when the car is parked in full sunlight, as is often the case in suburban shopping centre car parks. It was fortunate in the case cited that the event occurred in our winter, otherwise the child
would be either dead or severely damaged.

It a $22k fine for leaving kids unattended in cars down here, that
includes the trip from the petrol pump (where law requires you to lock
the car) to the cashier.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/docswr/_assets/main/lib100039/kids_cars_parentsignoring.pdf

Hell, we have people in the states that don't even shut off the engine while pumping gas. Some leave the keys in the ignition while paying the cashier.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours