I've found the range to be somewhat limited, especially outdoors in
fairly bright light.

The wired remote was the "Cable Switch CS-205". I had one until the
button wore out (yeah, BUTTON, not the wire connection).

Looks like Ricoh has a new remote, the "Remote Control D".

http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/product/remote-control-d

Don't know exactly what the difference is between it and the Remote
Control F, but they're asking $0.05 less for it (???).

I found a cheap Chinese intervalometer that works with Pentax. It's
usually sold for the Canon Rebel models, but they use the same connector
& pin-out that Pentax uses. Here's the one Amazon offers:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/Pentax-Timer

Supposedly works with all of these cameras:

    K100D,K110D, K10D, *ist Ds2, *ist D, *ist Ds, *ist, *istDL, *ist DL2
    Samsung GX-1L, GX-1S, GX-10
    Canon EOS 30, 33, 50E, 300, 300V, 3000, 50, 300D (Digital Rebel)
350D (Digital Rebel XT), 400D (Digital Rebel XTi), 450D (Digital Rebel XSi), 500D, 1000D
    Timer delay: 0s to 99hrs 59min 59s in 1s increments

Works for group shots because you can program it with a long enough delay to easily walk back from the camera position and rejoin the group.