Thank you all for the good wishes! I appreciate it.

This is essentially a new camera, intended for the Japanese market; the
included manual and paperwork are all in Japanese. I hunted up the K-01 pages
on the Ricoh-Pentax site and downloaded English manuals and firmware updates,
etc. That will be installed today, and I'll read the manual through as I always
do.

In truth, however, it's all pretty easy to figure out based on what I know of
Pentax already.

The DA21 and FA43 were the two lenses I was most reluctant to let go of when I
sold out of Pentax gear. I almost kept my K10D body just so that I could use
these lenses. I tried them with a mount adapter on the Ricoh GXR-M but, sadly,
they didn't have the same magic there that they did on the *ist DS or K10D.
When I saw the K-01 at its first release, I nearly went for one and re-bought
these two lenses, but decided it was just a bit more money than was sensible
(over $3000 at new prices!). Now, with the bodies at $200-250 easily, and some
used lenses available, it made good sense.

I like having an eye-level finder available; an LCD isn't ideal for that. The
Voigtländer 35 and 75 mm optical viewfinders are each showing a bit less than
their respective lens covers; they're like having a 75-80% coverage SLR finder.
Just right: frame pretty tight with the viewfinder, and the captured image has
enough more space to allow precision cropping when doing a finish rendering.
And they look cool…

All in all, I'm very pleased with what Pentax and Marc Newsom hath wrought. And
I look forward to using it. Soon as my hip finishes healing up and I can get
around a bit more easily, they'll be with me on a photo walk. :-)

"Mars is the only known planet inhabited entirely by robots."